Trans Asia News Service Commenting Policy
The commenting section of Trans Asia News is a place to give feedback or start conversation about a news article on the site. We ask that you put some thought into your posts, and that you follow these commenting rules and guidelines. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from commenting, or even the entire site.
- This is an English website, so all comments must be written in English. Any comment written in a language other than English will be removed without notice.
- No "Flaming" - writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views or comments. You can disagree with someone's views and still be polite about it. Name-calling is a big NO, comment will be removed without warning.
- No "Trolling" - posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply or to get attention out of others with fake stories of boisterous or depressing claims.
- No "Spamming" - No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify spam as short replies (usually fewer than 5 words) which do not contribute to our article feedback system. Short messages are highly discouraged and can be removed without notice or warning.
- No discussions of illegal materials, or linking to these illegal activities will be tolerated.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature.
- Do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the website. If in doubt, don't post it.
- No swearing or crude language. If you're that angry about something, take a break for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the comments. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep please just keep it clean.
- No complaining about being banned, and making another account to circumvent a ban makes you unwelcome to the site. Do not complain about other users being banned.
- No complaining about moderators removing a message that you have posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message you made, they had a good reason to do so.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address or phone number.
- Turn off caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
- Do not post messages containing images of typed text, especially in an alternate color. This confuses other members who may think you have some special authority, which is against our Terms and Conditions. It also defeats our search engine, which cannot read your message text.
- We can see your email address, the screen name you use, and your IP number. Readers can only see your screen name and any link to your web page you elect to provide. Although potentially libelous comments are removed, you are legally responsible for them should we fail to locate them.
- Commenting platform on Trans Asia News is Facebook comments, using that platform is also governed by Facebook Usage Policies, you can read them here.
If you have any questions about these rules, you may contact a moderator. You can also contact us through the Contact page.